President Obama, what does “teabagger” mean?

Posted: 4th May 2010 by Scott @ The Right of a Nation in General Politics

I’ve said it time and time again, but why are the politicians who use the term “teabagger” never asked to explain what it means?  (yes I know the answer is because they are liberal Democrats)

Obama is now using the term publicly, according to the Washington Times.

The term “tea-bagger” is like uttering the “n” word, some say. Though he aspires to promote civility, evidence has surfaced that President Obama has added “tea-bagger” to his public lexicon, though it’s considered a cheap and tawdry insult by “tea party” activists.

How could anyone not consider it a “cheap and tawdry insult?”  Anyone who knows what the term means knows that it is a “cheap and tawdry insult,” you idiot (whoever wrote this article, don’t feel like re-opening the link to find out).

I can’t remember any other time that it was perfectly OK for politicians to publicly use such a foul, crude, sexual term and not be questioned about it, but hey, there have been a lot of firsts with this administration.

1. Catherine Tyler says:

Well, gotta say that I did not know what the term meant–had to look it up. Did a quick survey of 10 people I know and they ALL thought it referred to the tea bags hanging off their hats! So, I have to think that the “Tea Party members” hang around a racier crowd than we liberal Democrats

2. Most normal people don’t know what “tea-bagger” means, which is why I think those in the media should ask for a definition on national TV from these crude politicians.

3. Namehere says:

“People” only know what it means (now know, anyway) because the pejorative, disgusting Leftwing introduced the term upon the American lexicon from out of the bathhouses via Anderson Cooper’s snidely nastiness voiced on MSNBC/NBC. And as for me, this American, I would very much like to not have found out what it means — only looked it up (internet) after Cooper’s emphasis of such an adjective about people he obviously wanted to humiliate. Cooper failed, it’s only disparaging to those who use it, such as Cooper and Obama.

4. You’re right. Like I said before, normal people don’t know what it means, so I think a lot of people here these leftwing politicians and “reporters” use the word “teabagger” and think it’s just a stupid play on words.

It’s like the media and the Democrats have a big joke going where they can see how many times they say it without getting caught, laughing to each other after each national TV show.

5. Catherine,

I misread your post the first time. You say “So, I have to think that the “Tea Party members” hang around a racier crowd than we liberal Democrats.”

I think you have a misunderstanding. “Tea Party members” refer to themselves as “Tea Party members,” while liberal democrats in positions of power, as well as liberal members of the media, refer to them as the crude sexual term of “teabaggers.”

Are you suggesting that the people using this insult don’t actually know what it means?

6. Robert says:

It amazes me that this administration gets away with terms such as “teabaggers” and openly calling citizens racists and terrorists. I wear it as a badge of honor every time this deplorable administration attempts to marginalize me with vulgar terminology. If they had nothing to fear from us there would be no need to attempt to marginalize us.
    .-= Robert´s last blog ..Photo(s) of the Day 05-17-10 =-.

7. Alex says:

At the last Tea Party I attended, people were lining up to send TEA BAGS to Congressmen. Ergo, they are “teabaggers.”

8. Emma says:

9. Alex – are people who use “tea bags” to make tea also “tea baggers?” Poor reasoning.

Emma – I need to see a link where “Tea Party protesters called themselves teabaggers.” They called their organizations/meetings “Tea Parties.”

10. MorningStar says:

If you can’t defeat your opponent on the issues then try to slander them. It’s a common debate tactic by democrats.

11. Marcia says:

“Uhm… wow. Tea Party protesters called themselves teabaggers first. I remember when they first started publicizing, I thought “wait… do they realize what they’re calling themselves?””

No they didnt call themselves that, so you didnt remember anything, Emma, you liar.

12. Mark says:

Teabagger has become part of the English language because it is a derisive term aimed at the nuts in the Tea Party.

CommentLuv badge